To enter the Carson City Corporate Challenge, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following information:
* Company, Agency or Solo Rider’s Name
* Total Number of Company, Agency or Department Employees. Not
riders who are participating. All Employees!
* Contact information – E-Mail and Phone #
When: The Corporate Challenge runs during Bike to Work Week, May 13th – May 17th.
Who: Anyone may enter!
Four Divisions: Private Business, Public Agency and Solo – In Town, Solo – Outside City Limits (Reno, Washoe Valley, Dayton, Minden, Lake Tahoe).
Solo* riders compete for total mileage only.
*Solo riders are not permitted to ride for a team.
In an attempt to create a fair competition, teams are limited to a maximum of 10 riders. If your corporation can field a team larger than 10, you may enter a second, third or fourth team. Teams will compete for a perpetual trophy and bragging rights in the following categories:
* Total miles
* Number of trips
* Percentage of employees participating
* Riders may ride as many or as few days as they wish.
* Total Miles: Miles ridden to work and back may be counted. Miles ridden at lunch for dining or errands may be counted. Recreational ride mileage may not be counted. If you ride with your children to school you may include one mile to your company’s daily total.
* Trips: The ride to work is considered one trip. An errand or ride to lunch is considered one trip. The ride home is another trip. You may include riding to and from school with your children as one additional trip.
* Percentage of Employees Participating: Since the number of employees in a corporation can vary greatly, big corporations/companies can create smaller, more manageable teams; for example, data processing, accounting, Carson Office, etc.
* Alternative Transportation: One of the goals of Bike to Work Week is to encourage alternative transportation. Therefore, walking, public transportation, and multi-mode transportation will be allowed. Bicycle trips and bus/auto trips may be combined for one trip; for example, taking the bus half way to work and riding the rest of the way. Bus/auto mileage cannot be added to your team’s total mileage.
* In the event of a tie the total age of participating employees will determine the winner.
* Winners: Winners will be announced at the Bike to Work Week party on Saturday, May 18th at Telegraph Square. Please have your team data to me by midnight Friday, May 17th.
Allison – MacKenzie
Lumos & Assoc
NDOT – Bike Kings
NV Guard Rough Riders
NV State Parks Endangered Trails