Anyone interested in building new trail?
On the weekend of September 18th & 19th, Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park Ranger Bill Champion is inviting us to join him in a backcountry trail work camp. Here are a few things Bill requires:
What you should bring:
– work pants – no shorts
– boots or other sturdy footwear
– food/water bottle(s)
– sunblock-insect repellent
– all necessary campgear if staying overnite
– I will allow participants to take a vehicle (4WD only) into Marlette Peak Campground and stay Friday and/or Saturday nights at the campground.
– If you wish I will allow you to take your vehicle (4WD only) up for the day only to help out – carpooling encouraged.
– The campground has water and restroom, plenty of camping room with grills, tables and food lockers – if we get a bunch of folks we can share spaces.
Please respond back and let me know if you will be able to participate either Sat or Sun or both. If only a partial day, morning is preferred to limit traffic on North Canyon and work in the ideal conditions in the morning.
Please do not just show up without notice as I will be supplying tools to cover the expected # of participants.”
Also, it’s not going to be all work. Feel free to bring along your mountain bike, running shoes, or hiking boots for a little post-trail work recreation.
To register for the backcountry camp or if you have any questions please contact Jeff Potter at: firstname.lastname@example.org