Here is the current status of the 4th/Prater project.
1. In accordance with the Bike/Ped Master Plan, RTC is currently exploring options to revamp 4th street from Keystone Ave. to the east end of Prater at Vista Street. This would make the only safe, on street east/west passage between Reno and Sparks.
2. This proposal does not include enhancements for bicycles between Lake St. and Ralston St. Their plan is to re-route bike traffic to 6th street in that area.
3. This is not an acceptable option for cyclists or pedestrians and it is imperative that we tell RTC and the City Council so.
4. Please feel free to copy the letters below and send them to RTC and your City Council Members, and attend the Open House Workshop on April 19, from 4-7pm, at the RTC Bus Transit Station on the corner of 4th and Lake Street.
5. For more info check out the Website http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001940EioHqsvbzmdmzqqGTebVTZl2R72O7KLnhzySGf1gruD1lddDZB6gJHkabwp9sOVSLaGoB3EilEGlokJPZAzW9Q9UjDSKwJ82Eu-TyDSZelzbCW5KHWjo46Vahud0LxYIGBVUPhGrvp-02UvRwb8D8qpuJcJKt9TPFR0tLfvicjqfsSwX4i1lAMnZBwnrLqMil_TgvjSF1bV6xUyvNUKtzt-uzi4DtRTOaSJk8HYJcYAWiUqSzjf5VWP8o3LWRabw37K3Mkv7rauZXemqy58Dd5HsTRDQt6seqhHvU80U=
I am writing to inform you that I support traffic enhancements for bicycles and pedestrians along the entire 4th/Prater Corridor, including the area between Ralston and Lake streets. These enhancements are a vital step in creating a safe and efficient corridor for all modes of transportation that nurtures growth in our community. Please support these enhancements when possible.
Thank you for your time
(your name here)
Below is the Contact info for the RTC staff and City Council Members Involved:
RTC Project Manager: Christina Leach, AICP – RTC
RTC Consultant: Andy Durling, AICP – Wood Rodgers
Ron Smith, Chairman, City of Sparks, email@example.com
Bob Larkin, Vice-Chair, Washoe County, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bonnie Webber, Washoe County, email@example.com
Dan Gustin, City of Reno, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Aiazzi, City of Reno, email@example.com