Here are the details for this weekend’s Muscle Powered ride!
- When: Sat, April 23, 10am – 1pm
- Where: Meet at Bully’s, 3530 N. Carson St.
- Description: Carson to Washoe -Combs Canyon north to Washoe Valley, two loops of Franktown Road, 32 miles.
The weather looks questionable for the 23rd. Rides will be canceled if it’s raining or snowing, so be sure to call ride co-leaders Kelly Clark at 315-2719 or Paul Zatarain at 775 513-6335 for more information. We will do our best to update this blog for schedule changes as well.
Here’s a look at what’s going on this weekend:
- Bike Habitat and Marin Bikes Present a Marin Bikes Demo!
This Friday, June 18 5:00 – 8:00
Bike Habitat and Marin Bikes will be in Ash Canyon for an evening of bike riding and fun.
The highlight of the evening will be Marin offering Demo rides on their 29’rs, and 5″ & 6″ travel full suspension bikes.
If you have ever wanted to ride a 29’er or Full Suspension mountain bike this is a great opportunity to take one out for a ride.
The Demo Van will be set up in the parking area above the water tanks.
Directions: West on Ash Canyon Rd. to the end. Turn right on Wellington West. Travel 400 yards turn left on dirt road between the houses. Go up the dirt road past the water tanks and park.
This event is free and open to the public. There will be several pedal types available to match up with your shoes, so just bring your favorite riding shoes.
- Muscle Powered Road Ride (Easier Pace) Meet at Bowers Mansion at 9:00 AM. 1-2 laps around Franktown. 9-18 miles. Avg 13 mph. Contact Vickie 841-7825. Muscle Powered Membership required.
- Muscle Powered Road Ride (moderate pace) – 9:30 AM – Ride Leader Paul Zatarain
We will be starting at Bike Habitat at 9:30 and going around Carson via Edwards, Deer Run Rd, Arrowhead, Ash Canyon and Curry street. This is the same route that was planned for the Bike Habitat sponsored ride around Carson a few months ago. Hope to see you there! Approximately 27 miles. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- Muscle Powered Cruiser Ride – 9:30 AM at Telegraph Square (corner of Telegraph and Curry Street).
Join us for a meander around the west side of our fair city on Sunday morning. Ride about 5 miles in about 45 minutes. Wear helmets. Meet at Telegraph Square at 9:30 Sunday morning. Forecast that day so far is clear and high 78 deg F. Muscle Powered Membership required.